• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Handshake error on mSQL server

aggie81

upload_2018-1-30_11-18-53.png

Office 365
Using the Excel PQ or Get & Transform query to retrieve data from SQL but returns the above error message on the other users' computers. My PC doesn't get the error and the queries return the data.
Searched online but nothing really helpful. I have used the Excel query part for a few years to get data from the SQL server but I am lost on this one.
Thanks,
Lee

Couple of things you can try.

1. Uncheck "Encrypt connections" in your Data source setting. And reenter credentials for connecting to DB.
2. Check with your DB admin and ensure correct encryption configuration has been set up on SQL server.

It is fixed but not sure why it is doing this.
Reviewed the Data Source Settings but the Encrypt Connections box was unchecked. Checked on my computer and error computer both showed no checked box.

The privacy level was set to Organizational but didn't change the setting.

Deleted all the queries and redid them.
Got the same results on the other computers.
Brought up the queries on the computer generating the error. Went to Data Source settings and the Encrypt Box was checked. Unchecked the Encrypt Box and the queries ran fine.

Don't understand it but it is fixed. Maybe Privacy level had something to do with it too but didn't change the setting.
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction and good advice.
Lee

Back