• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Grouping not working in the attached workbook

I have made a tray's account workbook which gives me the balance of trays with the customer. I've used a vba code auto fill drop down list and have Protected the vba & worksheet. After Protecting the sheet i'm not able to use the grouping tabs (Column D-BM). This is very necessary, as i'll have to get the printout of certain columns only namely A-C and BN-BP only.

Password is abc123

Attachments

• AUG_2019.xlsm
    91.8 KB · Views: 2
Excel Enthusiast
Password wasn't any challenge.
How could it work, if You haven't used it .. or did You even tested it?
ps. I can open Your file by Read-Only ... so, I won't continue.

Excel Enthusiast
Your Sorry about that, here's the file without any protection. #5 reply > VBA has protected.
Did You tested that EnableOutliningWithProtection() -macro from that link?
I tested and it works!
... and as there has written or let understood ... that macro have to run always while opening that file.
There no need to do any other changes.

sorry sir, actually i'm under immense pressure right now as i was away for many days due to a tragedy in our neighborhood. So all the work has piled up and have to update all the pending work till tomorrow. I must have attached the old file.

Attachments

• AUG_2019.xlsm
    93 KB · Views: 1
Last edited by a moderator:
Excel Enthusiast
ReRead again my previous reply ...
That link works ... if You can focus and do as there has written.
I don't need any files - I tested already with one file which has enough right to test it.

Sir, I'm so sorry. Actually i was not entering the password in the code. Now it's working perfectly fine.
Please excuse me for wasting your precious time due to my stupid mistake.
Anyways thank you very much VLETM & GRAH for your kind timely help.
Might need your help on some of my pending projects.
Thank you once again

Last edited by a moderator:
Back