• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Goal Seek Help - Interest Reserve & Loan Fee

Gregg Wolin

I have a model that includes a construction loan that requires an interest reserve be included in the overall loan budget. The model calculates the total projected interest based on this budget (cell A2), and using this value as reference, I manually add the interest reserve amount to the budget (cell A1), which then changes the value of cell A2. I manually play with the Value of A1 until it is equal to the value in A2. I'd like to create a macro that will automatically optimize the interest reserve in A1 so that it equals that in A2. The traditional Goal Seek function won't work in this instance because if requires that you have a fixed target to solve to.
I suspect that a DO UNTIL loop that sets the value of A1 to $1, checks to see if A1=A2, and if not, adds $1 to A1 and checks again, etc.

Any help would be appreciated.

Gregg Wolin
As You have written ... 'I (You, Gregg Wolin) have a model ...'
but others do not have same Excel file.
... without it, this is a challenge or You should change a lot You model!
Sorry about that -
Cell i168 on the input page is synonymous with the (A1) cell and j168 is the (A2) cell in my description above.

Attachments

• CBH_356(iReserve-Chandoo).xlsm
    881.4 KB · Views: 3
Back