• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Ghost link

Constant

Dear,
Concern: Excel 365 with an yearly abonnement to Microsoft
I fighting since a few years in order to find a ghost link (appearing in the menu of data EDIT LINK). This ghost link refer to a sheet in an 4 years old workbook.
My workbook has several (21) sheets.
After having try all possible solution, I made a copy of my workbook and put is in another directory and I verified that the ghost link was copy with the workbook.
Then I cancel, sheet after sheet till the ghost link disappear. In this way I identified which sheet was containing the link.
Once I had identified the sheet in my copied workbook, I canceled row per row and also the conditional formatting and the validation data in it, till I stood with a blank sheet and still the ghost link was there. But when I cancel this blanked sheet and take it out of my workbook the ghost link disappear
What should I do to kill this stupid link?? I have try every possible trick and also all the possibilities of the data EDIT LINK, I killed all conditional formatting and also all data validation conditions.
Now it is possible that the sheet was generated by means of an old one in a previous workbook to which the ghost link is referred, but all data, formula’s, conditional formatting and data validation was changed in the years
Best regards
C. Peten

Dear,

first thanks for your answer. By further investigation and trying to send you the workbook with the special sheet, totally empty and still mentioning a ghost link, I discover that by saving this workbook and then reloading it the ghost file disappear.
I also made a copy of the sheet (=name(02)than delete de original sheet and rename the copy with the original name the ghost link is still there.

Now by the fact that I need to close and save the suspicious workbook (completely empty) the ghost file disappear and I am not able to send it to you with the ghost file.

This saving and reloading do not solve my problem how to cancel in the original workbook the ghost link because at the moment of the saving and reloading the workbook is empty (due to the search procedure). I know just that this link is deep hidden in the empty sheet.

Saving and reloading the original file carry the link inside it and has no results.

By the way I also look to the name manager and find nothing.

I any has an idea it will be welcome, but for me it remains a four years mystery.

Best regards and many thanks

Constant Peten

Perhaps also look in the name manager.
Dear,

first thanks for your answer. By further investigation and trying to send you the workbook with the special sheet, totally empty and still mentioning a ghost link, I discover that by saving this workbook and then reloading it the ghost file disappear.
I also made a copy of the sheet (=name(02)than delete de original sheet and rename the copy with the original name the ghost link is still there.

Now by the fact that I need to close and save the suspicious workbook (completely empty) the ghost file disappear and I am not able to send it to you with the ghost file.

This saving and reloading do not solve my problem how to cancel in the original workbook the ghost link because at the moment of the saving and reloading the workbook is empty (due to the search procedure). I know just that this link is deep hidden in the empty sheet.

Saving and reloading the original file carry the link inside it and has no results.

By the way I also look to the name manager and find nothing.

I any has an idea it will be welcome, but for me it remains a four years mystery.

Best regards and many thanks

Constant Peten

Back