• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Getting certain values from pivot table

farrusete

Hi,

I've just known about this site and It is great! Thank you for your work.

How could I get from other sheet's pivot table values with a certain text in a field?

I mean, i have a pivot table showing 2 columns:

Concept | Amount

I want to get to my dashboard SUM of amount for concepts containing word "(upsell)".

Also to get only minus signed values from amount column would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance

Can you elaborate more on what your PivotTable looks like? At first, I was thinking you would need the GETPIVOTDATA function, but the latter part of your question sounds like you want to sum multiple items. Perhaps something like:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(ISNUMBER(SEARCH("(upsell),"A2:A10))),--(B2:B10<0),B2:B10)

Thank you for your quick answer.

I have a pivot table which shows just "Concept" and "amount" taken from a big table which has:

Sales person

Start date (contract)

End date (contract)

Total amount

And several columns with formulas to distribute amounts between months.

The thing is that i would like to get with GETPIVOTDATA from the other sheet (the one with the pivot) just those amounts with text "upsell" in concept.

Thank you again

To gather multiple values from a single PivotTable, I don't think GETPIVOTDATA will work for you. Any chance the SUMPRODUCT formula can be adapted? I wrote it with the assumption that Concepts (with the "upsell" text) was in column A, and the amounts were in column B.

Back