• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

General Partner Exhaust Capital First followed by limited partner

hasemi

I am trying to figure out one formula for each row highlighted in the attached worksheet without helper rows. Essentially there are multiple periods of cash contributions. The general partner will contribute their capital contribution first followed by the limited partner's capital contribution. In other words summation of cells until a max contribution is acheived.

Attachments

• Capital Contribution Question.xlsx
    9.8 KB · Views: 4
Try,

In C12, formula across right to L12 :

=IF(C$9<=MATCH(-IF(LEFT($B12)="G",$C$4,$C$5),INDEX(-SUMIF(OFFSET($B$10,,,,COLUMN($A$1:$L$1)),"<>"),0)),MAX(C$10,IF(LEFT($B12)="G",$C$4,$C$5)-SUM($B$10:B$10)),)

Then, copied the formula down to C14:L14.

Try,

In C12, formula across right to L12 :

=IF(C$9<=MATCH(-IF(LEFT($B12)="G",$C$4,$C$5),INDEX(-SUMIF(OFFSET($B$10,,,,COLUMN($A$1:$L$1)),"<>"),0)),MAX(C$10,IF(LEFT($B12)="G",$C$4,$C$5)-SUM($B$10:B$10)),)

Then, copied the formula down to C14:L14.

View attachment 77607

Thank you so much. I didn't realize it was going to be this complex of a formula. I tried to apply this formula to the actual workbook and I failed. I feel like an idiot. I did study up on the left formula and offset.

I have attached the actual workbook that is different than this. Could you take a look at this? It is the same scenario. The sponsor is responsible for the contributions which are negative numbers in the cash flow up to the $7.5M. Then the LP investor contributes.

Attachments

• Capital Contributions Question 1.xlsx
    27.6 KB · Views: 3
Back