• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Gantt Chart problem

Reine

Hi - I am using the Gantt Chart Template 3 - by day with completions and have run into a problem. My project started Sept 10 and I have set the project start day on the inputs worksheet for that day - in the chart it shows Sept 10 through Oct 21. The problem is that when my activity starts on Sept 10 and finishes on Oct 2, it doesn't show up in the chart. How can I fix this?

Thank you

Hi Reine,

Welcome to the Fourms!!!

I think you need to readjust the Data Range that Chart takes as input. Please try this: Select the series that is being partly displayed on the chart, by selecting the series, you will see the input cells highlighted, use your pointing device to change it so that it accommodates the Oct 2 data.

Regards,

Thank you for replying. I had thought I could do the same thing but there isn't a date range - each little block that is supposed to fill in under the dates has it's own forumla and I'm not sure what I need to change For example:

This is the formula in the box under the Sept 10 date:

=IF(AND(COLUMNS($F$7:L7)>=$C7,COLUMNS($F$7:L7)<=$D7),IF(COLUMNS($F$7:L7)-$C7<ROUND(($D7-$C7+1)*$E7,0),fillblock,""),"")

And this is the formula in the box under the Oct 2 date:

=IF(AND(COLUMNS($F$7:AB7)>=$C7,COLUMNS($F$7:AB7)<=$D7),IF(COLUMNS($F$7:AB7)-$C7<ROUND(($D7-$C7+1)*$E7,0),fillblock,""),"")

Hi Reine,

You can upload the file if it is not breach of copyright material or If your document is confidential, you can email me at faseeh10@hotmail.com from this description i am unable to find what could be the problem.

Thanks,

Faseeh

Hi Renie,

I think I know what the problem is. You must be entering the dates 10-sept-2012 in the gantt chart Start day column (C). You need to enter the day number - ie 1 (since project start date is also 10-sept-2012). And enter the duration as 17 (since there are 17 days between 10-sept and 2-oct) This will show the chart.

Hi Reine,

Chandoo is right, in your file you are entering Start & End as dates. Enter them as day eg. from Day 01 to 10, Day 11 to 15, Day 20 to 30 and it will show up in the chart. if you enter 30 to 20 (from Sep, 30 to Oct 20, just an example case) it will not show up.

Regards,

Faseeh

Back