• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

gantt chart help please

maidenc

Hi I'm new here, is there an excel gantt chart template that I can modify to use for a production schedule. The gantt will be by date then by hour, so the gantt will show by day timeline and under it 24hrs in small boxes. So, there would be a start date and time and an end date and time. Something like the attached example.

Attachments

• gantt example.xlsx
    9.8 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Hi
Yeah thats a good option and a consideration, but i'd like it to be in line with each product I add to the schedule, and by the hour, and i'd like to add a changeover over hour in on the same line if possible, but it would be better if the cells were coloured in to represent the plan etc. do you know how to do this maybe? Once i can get this part then i have other things to add in to make the plan calculate automatically i.e. production hourly output against production target etc. this part is the part im stuck on making that gantt.
Thank you
Craig

maidenc
You should have a clear idea what would You like to have before ...
All even minor changes would change ... a lot ... how to do it?
That part, which You have given of Your idea - that would work.
Question, if 'tomorrow' ... You would or even need to give those data per 5 minutes? ... there would be a lot of cells!
I won't start to change colors of cell, if same could get to do with chart.
... especially, if there would be unknown rows of data.

maidenc
You should have a clear idea what would You like to have before ...
All even minor changes would change ... a lot ... how to do it?
That part, which You have given of Your idea - that would work.
Question, if 'tomorrow' ... You would or even need to give those data per 5 minutes? ... there would be a lot of cells!
I won't start to change colors of cell, if same could get to do with chart.
... especially, if there would be unknown rows of data.
Hi
Thanks for quick reply.
Yes in my head I understand what I want, I felt the gantt chart part would be std and as long as I change the date time this would reflect in gantt plan. However, I was sure that there would be a template I could use and modify.
Is there such a template with date then hour maybe I can omit the changeover if I could just get the plan side working.

Hi
I am building a production schedule so my planner can add planned product runs which will be in gantt style planning.
Does anyone know of a template that is already made (even if I have to pay for it, but it has to be in excel and editable) that I can edit to suit my own requirements. Basically, I want a gantt chart so it colours cells based on a start date and start time, and end date and end time and to show progress in percentage. If I could just get this part that would be great however if you guys out there can come up with a solution that allows the date and time and progress but on the same line allows me to add a different colour to represent a machine changeover (from 1 to 2hrs) that would be fantastic. I've attached a file of what I would like visually. I'm not sure if this can be done in excel so last chance saloon with this forum.

Attachments

• gantt example.xlsx
    9.8 KB · Views: 11
maidenc
... has already informed to reread Forum Rules with duplicated thread.
Hi, I'm not doing very well am I, I posted last week and didnt get any feedback or help but I'm now breaking the rules (and I am very sorry about that) and I get a lot of attention :(

maidenc
About Your I ( maidenc ) posted last week and didnt get any feedback or help...
Excuse me
... recheck #2 reply - there were one help - thank You.
... recheck #4 reply - there were feedback
= You should have clear idea - what? ... before You'll post Your thread.

About Rules:
Here as well as everywhere - there are rules.
Hint: These Excel Forums has basically same rules.
Of course, You have read those before You'll start to posting.

maidenc
About Your If there is no response what do you do ...
You should able to 'sell' Your thread
- to give more details which could make it to be more interesting.

Last edited:
I have apologised about breaking the rules, I have been very polite in my response, the fix I was gratefully received but I was looking to follow a different path. I am not looking for any issues from anyone I was just asking for some help with an issue. I thought that there would be someone out there that would give me some direction more than the one person that tried to assist me. I've gone to another site and seems they are linked and this is how I broke the rules.
If there is no response what do you do in these circumstances.

There are NO links between the sites, but we both have the same rule about cross-posting and there are many of us who are members on both forums. Have you read the rules here and on Excel Forum yet? I provided you with a link directly to the rules on Excel Forum. If you read the rules and follow them, you will get all the help you need. :)

Back