• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Fuzzy Match Without Fuzzy Lookup Add in, Power Query and VBA

ashish002

Hi,

Is there a formula to find out all the possible fuzzy/partial matches for a single value (there is only one column in the sheet)?

Column A has all the data (there are some duplicate values which can be found out using conditional formatting). Apart from that there are many values like Samsung, Samsung Inc, Samsung Corp, The Samsung, LG, The LG, LG Inc., Microsoft, Microsoft Inc., Microsoft Co., The Microsoft etc. from cell A1 to cell A25000

I am using this formula: =IFERROR(INDEX(A:A,AGGREGATE(15,6,ROW($A$1:$A$25000)/(ISNUMBER(SEARCH($B$1,$A$1:$A$25000))),ROW())),""), but it gives all the matches only for cell A1, i have to manually change the cell reference every time to get the other partial matches. I want to avoid this manual part.

Note: Fuzzy Lookup add in, power query and vba cannot be used

Thanks in advance

Please do read the forum rules. Always notify you have cross-posted. And why did you not continue on the other forum where you got the first solution to start with?

Please do read the forum rules. Always notify you have cross-posted. And why did you not continue on the other forum where you got the first solution to start with?
Apologies for missing out on that, the reason was since that formula worked only for one cell, i had to change the cell reference every time which is very time consuming for a big data set.

If you could please help with some other formula or if the formula can be modified which i have shared in the post.

Back