• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Fuzzy lookup issues

shili12

I am performing a reconciliation of Paybill statement using the fuzzy lookup feature, from our system, there is likelihood of data entry errors (errors of transposition, omission,insertions) , however when we get the paybill statement , it is, of course, accurate.
Now whilst performing the fuzzy lookups, in some instances i got 0.000 similarity threshold, why? Despite the two codes are near match.
And what is the function of this feature, to drag to left or right ?? statistical based explanations are welcome62722

Attachments

Last edited:

shili12

Thanks, @Chihiro so i will go to configuration=>Zip(or social security),
but how about the function of simirality threshold , dragging it to left or right ?

Chihiro

Excel Ninja
No need to adjust unless you wish to limit result (drag right will only keep results above threshold). Or return results with lower score (drag left).

shili12

I got your help, now another obstacle is arising:-
Any idea how to resolve it ? System.OutofMemoryexception63389

Chihiro

Excel Ninja
Only suggestion I can offer is to split file/data into smaller subset. Also to kill any unnecessary tasks or applications.

Basically your PC has ran out of RAM.

shili12

@Chihiro thanks to you and chandoo guys, I managed to do the reconciliation with your help and my perseverance and unearthed a major fraud leading as high as to my head of dept, the matter was forwarded to internal audit, a lot of heads rolled here, one cashier has gone into hiding from CID ,after confessing, whilst a senior cashier has been suspended pending investigations.
I owe it to you guys, Thanks !!!