• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Forum Roles

Luke M

Excel Ninja
Staff member
To any of my fellow ninjas or Chandoo, can you explain the difference between forum administrator and moderator? While using the admin page, I discovered that while Chandoo is the only "key master", 4 of us are admins and 3 of us are moderators. Is there an actual difference between the two?

PS. To SirJB7, you sneaky devil, I see that you've passed me in post count. I tip my hat to you, and then sneak off to plot my revenge. =P

Good day Luke M

As far as I am aware the main difference between administrators and moderators is that admins are given a sweeping brush and dust pan so that they can clean up all the dross they come across and deal with spammers by deleting accounts. I do think that it would be better if the title of admin or mod was added to the ninja tag under the members name

If I had to hazard a guess, not really my business:

Administrator : Would work on the whole site and would be able to do what mods do as a part of total portfolio.

Moderator : Would work mainly in the forums and monitor the forum posts, user behavior etc.

Hi, Luke M!

About the administ/mode rator difference AFAIK it's like b(ut)ob(ut)hc wrote, no difference but deleting -spammers I hope- accounts.

About post count, we're almost tied (again with this post ha ha ha), and who cares who'd be the 2nd (as the 1st will be obviously Hui) reaching the 5K post? I actually don't care at all.

Regards!

PS: Maybe that's because I haven't received any bet on it yet? Who knows... :p

Good day Luke M and SirJB7

Luke M has 4242 posts

SirJB7 has 4238 posts

Difference of 4, so unless I am missing something SirJB7 will not over take Luke M for at least the next one hour :)

@b(ut)ob(ut)hc

Hi!

1+, before this one, now 2+ :=)

Regards!

@Luke M

Hi!

Don't care about it :=)))

Regards!

hi bobhc,

We've been switching back and forth for a bit today. I simply can't keep up with his pace though...

@Luke,

I think i should introduce another posting tactic: "Diffused-Guerrilla-Styled Posting (DGSP)", although am not sure any one here can keep pace with SirJB7's rate. :D

Regards,

So bobhc/Hui/SirJB7, as an administrator, can you block/delete profiles? Maybe that's the difference.

@Luke

Congrats

I have just upgraded you to Admin as well

I believe the only extra functionality is the ability to delete accounts

Please use carefully and with discretion

@Luke

Hi!

So now here you have your pans and your brushes...

Regards!

PS: I'm gonna rest for all the weekend...

Back