• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

formula update between certain dates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abawden

Hello everyone,

New to this and looking for some advice around a sheet I have running.

I run 3 teams who enter their monthly returns in a different sheets which then feed into a main over excel workbook i can open and see everything in one place as an overview and as monthly returns.

My question is in regards to the separate month tabs i have for monthly returns, is there a way that i can say set the Jan month return tab to only update the data from the formulas between the 1st Jan and 31st jan and then stop. and then so on for feb tab march tab etc etc

I then want to at the end of the year stop all formula working, however i do want to be able to copy my workbook so i can use it again in the new year.

sorry loads of info there but this is the last bit

or alternatively is there a way i can go on and enter say the 31/01/2021 into a cell and have the worksheet stop updating as we move to the new month?

Abawden
Please reread Forum Rules
especially How to get the Best Results at Chandoo.org
After those answer Yourself for Your questions
... without even a sample Excel-file.
As well as
... why there should be monthly tabs?
... how many rows per month?
... why You won't continue using that file year-by-year?

I have to submit monthly returns to my senior managers.

Most of the data this file draws from are files that have month tabs anyone so these aren't an issue.

However i would like to be able to stop the info in cadet figures updating once it reaches the end of the month on the month tabs. so for instance

I want on every months worksheet cells B6 to H6 and B7 to H7 to stop updating once we reach the end of that particular month. The data in these cells are drawn from a main membership list which is continually updating and changing over the year

I want them cells to lock so that way when i look back i can see what increase or decrease there has been in membership month to month over the year.

Abawden
From one list could eg filter needed month for reports.
If all month have basic same layout - then there needs - one monthly tab for those.
You seems to have links somewhere.
You seems to have eg in one month tab ... three times same layout.
Of course, it would be more readable to do this with Excel - instead to do same with paper and pencil.
For me, with those layouts - I can only wish good luck that someone else would help You.

Hi,​
as it seems obvious a formula can't to be not updated so​
when you want 'to freeze' some formulas just replace the formulas by their values …​
Another way is to make some formulas according to month / year.​
So obvious and as this has nothing to do with this VBA forum section so for further help to see on the appropriate Excel forum section …​

It not “so obvious” when your new to it so thanks for your helpful sarcasm having seen how helpful ‘some’ people have been on other forums I thought I’d join and try to get some help not be meant with “it’s so obvious” and “this has nothing to do with here”

if it wasn’t meant rudely maybe word your post more appropriately

So you just misread ! Any sarcasm but advices … :rolleyes:
As here this is the VBA forum section so does your thread have any link with VBA ?!​
No, so o b v i o u s l y this is a question for the Excel section rather than here, as a reminder …​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back