• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Formula to compare target dates to trending dates to see how ahead or behind we are.

Hello!
You may want to grab a cup of coffee:)
I am managing a course creation project. Each task has to be completed by a specific number of workdays until we launch/announce to our customers.
For example:
1. Subject Matter Expert (SME) submits blueprint (due 36 workdays until launch)
2. Approvals round 1 (R1) (due 31 workdays until launch)
3. Module creation (due 11 workdays until launch)
4. Approvals round 2 (R2) (due 6 workdays until launch)
5. Upload (due 4 workdays until launch)
6. GO LIVE (due 2 workdays until launch)
Target launch date (English) (due 0 workdays = launch day)
We have to fully develop the English version before we can develop the Spanish version. So, when developing the Spanish, we 'add' workdays from the English launch day to come up with the due dates.
7. Module translation to Spanish (due 20 workdays post launch English)
8. Upload Spanish (due 22 workdays post launch English)
9. GO LIVE Spanish (due 24 workdays post launch English)
Target launch date (Spanish) (due 26 workdays post launch English)

As what often happens, tasks are not completed on time and I want to track how behind we are.
In column D, I have the Target Launch Dates for English.
Column E mirrors Column AT.
My big hairy challenge is how do I calculate the Trending Date in AT. (Once I figure that out I'll be about to get BL too).
I figure I need to take last non blank Actual Date (Columns P,U,Z,AE,AJ,AO) then add the remaining workdays until launch.
For example, in row 3, the last non blank is in Column U3. It shows the date: 12-23-19.
I tried this formula: =WORKDAY.INTL(U3,(11+6+4+2+2),1,HOLIDAYS)
It works in theory. Now, I need to figure out:
1. how do I find the 'start-date' in the formula, which needs to be the last non blank between Columns Columns P,U,Z,AE,AJ,AO?
2. how do I find the number of days, which needs to be found by adding the workdays for each task +2 to the right of the start date?

Thank you in advance for your willingness to help!

Attachments

• Project Steps.xlsx
    38 KB · Views: 5
In the attached are some formulae in cells BN3:B24 of the STEPS - ONLINE COURSES sheet.
These formulae are array-entered into a single cell then copied down.
I've omitted the HOLIDAYS part because they're in a workbook not available to me.
I've also omitted what to do if an error is generated (when there are no actual dates provided); I'll leave you to do something perhaps with IFERROR.
There are two versions of the formulae in the different shaded areas; one with references to ranges, the other with hard-coded values. If you ue the hard-coded version you can delete the information on rows 30 & 31. Your choice.
Sheet1 may help you understanding the steps in the creation of the formula.

Attachments

• Chandoo43440Project Steps.xlsx
    37.3 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Back