• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Formula to capture active employees in a particular time period, which could be linked to Dashboard

Pragyan

Hi Folks,

I need your help. Here is the scenario - I have created a dashboard for official purpose and it's graphs and charts are being created with the help of pivot tables which are linked to master data sheet. I wish to make it 100% interactive one. Now challenge here is I do want to give an option in the dashboard main page with the help of slicer or timeline in such a way that it should pick up all existing employees details for a particular period of time (could be back dated) or until a time period since the beginning. My guess is we would need to create a formula in excel master data sheet and it needs to be linked to pivot tables. Time period can be monthly and quarterly for 5 years data. I am a rookie and looking forward for help from experts to create the formula.

Thanks in advance!
75360Need

Pragyan
Please, upload a sample Excel-file.
Based Your two snapshots, there could be some challenges to get clear image of Your data.

Hi Vletm,
Thanks for your quick response. I am uploading some more details of the master sheet. The ones that are in blue colour cells, need formulas (your help:)). I think the challenge would be incase we want to see all active employees gets captured till end of a particular period (eg from beginning to end of Q4 2018-19) to different pivot tables to create graphs which are linked to dashboard main page. Please note, user may want to have an option to see active employees details gets captured for a particular period (cut off date could be end of the month or quarter) and relevant data should reflect in different graphs in Dashboard main page with the click of slicer/timeline option.
Let me know if you need further details. Thank you!

Attachments

• Capture3.PNG
    Capture3.PNG
    29.2 KB · Views: 7
  • Capture4.PNG
    Capture4.PNG
    40.6 KB · Views: 6
Back