• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Formula to calculate current month addition/deletion

Dear All,

Can you help me with a formula that calculate current month addition or deletion of number of housing units based on Type (it can be sold more or some of them can be cancelled resulting in reduction in number of units sold). The problem is Types of units keep changing each month say Villa A & Villa B in April but in May it can Villa A and Villa D.

I have attached an example with desired result.

Thanks

Attachments

• Book4.xlsx
    10.4 KB · Views: 7
It is on your sample data:

MonthTypeUnits sold (Cumulative)Unit sold Division (current month)Pecoflyer
Apr-20​
VillaA
50​
Apr-20​
VillaB
20​
May-20​
VillaA
70​
20​
20​
May-20​
VillaB
50​
30​
30​
May-20​
VillaD
30​
30​
30​
New Divisions keep adding each monthDesired result

Care to share what you haven't yet told us? Under what circumstances does it fail?

It is on your sample data:

MonthTypeUnits sold (Cumulative)Unit sold Division (current month)Pecoflyer
Apr-20​
VillaA
50​
Apr-20​
VillaB
20​
May-20​
VillaA
70​
20​
20​
May-20​
VillaB
50​
30​
30​
May-20​
VillaD
30​
30​
30​
New Divisions keep adding each monthDesired result

Care to share what you haven't yet told us? Under what circumstances does it fail?
Sure thanks. I have uploaded the file with Pecoflyer formula in column D (coming as blank for me) and desired result in column E

Attachments

• Book4.xlsx
    10.8 KB · Views: 8
Your requirements are illogical at least
You are looking for a result in the CURRENT month which is July. Of course the formula does not return anything since all your data end in June..
For April (rows 2 and 3), you want to return an empty cell as they contain the first sales for Villa A and B, but although it is the first sale for Villa E (row 10), the formula should return a value?
Beats me...

Your requirements are illogical at least
You are looking for a result in the CURRENT month which is July. Of course the formula does not return anything since all your data end in June..
For April (rows 2 and 3), you want to return an empty cell as they contain the first sales for Villa A and B, but although it is the first sale for Villa E (row 10), the formula should return a value?
Beats me...

Its my bad. I want the data which subtract current month cumulative number for Villa A sales from cumulative sales number until last month. When I say current month does't mean Jul it refers to the month in column B.

Back