• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Folders files matching

SirJB7

Excel Rōnin
Hi, all!

A week ago, being a rainy Saturday, in fact raining since previous Monday almost continuously, getting out of space in my 2 1Tb WD Caviar Black, in my WD external 500Gb and in my girl friend's similar too, I decided to do a little of housekeeping.

Music was Ok, movies were Ok, photos & videos... not Ok at all... Ok, I should say frightening bad. Actually very well organized by dates in folders with structured names, but with partial copies or backups in every device available, including 2 16Gb pendrives, 2 32Gb micro SD, ...

I started manually... half an hour later I was playing backgammon with my friend Carlsberg at a hand.

Ok, gonna do something in Excel to match 2 folders. It was very simple since I adapted my Excel files Documenting & inspector (http://chandoo.org/forum/threads/excel-files-documenting-inspector.4715/) cropping the workbook's stuff and duplicating ranges for both folders.

The idea grew a little and even it's not a file manager it's not a simple file listing. The main concepts are:

- select one folder, get files and data, sort them

- select another folder and to the same

- mark/unmark which files to select, sort again

- visually compare both folders

- perform file operations between both folders: copy, move & delete

Here's the link to the file:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4sill9t2ig7u4dx/Folder & files matching (from SirJB7 at chandoo.org).xlsm?dl=0

Wider than preferable? Nah, it just fits perfectly in 1920 screens, ... as desirable! :p

So scroll to the right and check for guidelines and instructions.

As usual just advise if any issue. Ideas, suggestions and critics are welcome.

Regards!

PS: CFP and MFP options still pending (as I recently discovered that they'd be useful)... coming soon!

Last edited:
Back