• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Find top 3 repeated values in a column

I have Column A Contain a list of repeated names and I want to find a top 3 repeated names in the list based on ranking 1 - 2 - 3

My solution would be
Code:
= LET(
  distinct, UNIQUE(names),
  count,    COUNTIFS(names, distinct),
  ordered,  SORTBY(distinct,  count),
  INDEX(ordered, {1;2;3}))
but I only develop for 365.

@Peter Bartholomew Thanks Alot for your help , is it possible to provide an example of the formula on this sheet i still can't imagine the layout
i need to be able to find top 3 names in Column A and be placed next to 1 - 2 - 3

All that is needed is to apply the name "names" to the list in column A and place the formula in any cell on any sheet.
It does rely on your using Excel 365 though.

Attachments

• topthree.xlsx
    10.1 KB · Views: 10
John Jairo V and Peter Bartholomew, Good morning.

In my Excel 365 Portuguese version (Brazil) there are also these new formulas, I would like to know how you know that these new functions came out, because here it does not inform but it has this function

Thank you in advance for your experience which is helping a lot

A big hug

Decio

Sorry, @decio, the answer is not impressive. Each morning, you settle down with a coffee, put Excel up, and start to type a formula beginning with one of the new functions. The outcome is disappointment then, one day, excitement.

Back