• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Find and Replace blank cells with the cell above

I can do this normally, but in this particular spreadsheet it says there are no blank cells - when there are - could it be something to do with the formatting?

Supply/attach small workbook where this occurs

there you go file added- thanks for looking - I have done it before but cannot remember what I had to do. It works in all other columns in the data I have downloaded - its just this one particular column where it does not work.

Attachments

• find and replace not working.xlsx
    27.8 KB · Views: 7
Yes, those blanks are just empty strings.
I was able to use find and replace but it's not super easy, but it's not that hard either.
First go into Options and:

Then select the cells in column A (column 1) and do a find and replace, leaving the find box completely empty and other settings as:
Click Replace All, then restore how formlae are displayed.

And don't forget to replace the formulae with plain values with copy|Paste Special|Values.

Attachments

• 1579615895917.png
    1579615895917.png
    38.3 KB · Views: 0
If you don't want to use R1C1 route then you can set AutoFilter & filter on blanks. It will show the blank cells. Select them all and then press "DELETE" button.

Afterwards, select all cells and then press F5>>Special Cells>> Blanks and then press OK

It will select all blank cells.

Now, while the cells are selected hit = and then press up arrow once and then press CTRL+ENTER simultaneously.

You should get what you want...

I didn't understand what the first paragraph is doing, probably haven't had enough coffee yet, but the rest is very cool . . . of course replacing the formulas with values is still important.

Back