• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Filtering out required data

Tom22

Hi,

I have file where n number data is given. on monthly basis I receive data but I need only selected amount of it.

Let's say we have data from A to Z but I want data for only B<D<R<T<Y.

what I can think of code of filtering the data and then copy paste in another file.

Can any one suggest somethinng for this, where I can filter out every thing in one go and cope paste in another tab.

Attaching one sample book.

Thanks

Attachments

• Test file.xlsx
    21.1 KB · Views: 12
Hi,​
could be done easily with an advanced filter if the workbook is smart enough​
as in the 'Raw file' tab the cell P3 must have the same content as the header D2 …​
Then copy the headers you need to the 'Final Data' tab.​
So with a smart workbook you can operate manually by selecting the headers row in the 'Final Data",​
calling the advanced filter from the Data menu then just well setup its parameters - at kid level -​
as the Action must be Copy to another location, indicate the List range from the 'Raw file'​
- use the icon at right of the field - like the Criteria range as well​
and for the destination range Copy to it's just the 'Final Data' headers row, that's it !​
If really a VBA procedure is necessary, just reading the VBA help for the AdvancedFilter method​
as it needs a single codeline ! Or just activating the Macro Recorder before operating manually …​

rahulshewale1,​
as a reminder, according to VBA help and post #2 link, using an advanced filter any VBA procedure needs only a single codeline !​
Meaning all your codelines can be replaced by an unique codeline …​
Using a filter as you did needs less than 10 codelines (as the lesser is 4) without any variable just directly playing with objects.​
Another point as your procedure copies the button : it's not a concern when the destination sheet is in the same workbook​
- except each time you launch it a new button is pasted over the previous button(s) ‼ -​
but it could raise an issue if on another workbook if you try to use the button …​

According to rahulshewale1 post #4 attachment :​
  • The same filter way with only 4 codelines :
Code:
Sub Demo000()
    Sheet2.UsedRange.Clear
    Sheet1.[A1].CurrentRegion.Offset(1).AutoFilter 2, Filter(Application.Transpose(Sheet3.UsedRange), ""), xlFilterValues
    Sheet1.[A1].CurrentRegion.Copy Sheet2.[A1]
    Sheet1.[A1].AutoFilter
End Sub
To avoid the filter arrows flashing the procedure can be rewritten in a clean way with few more codelines :​
Code:
Sub Demo00()
         Application.ScreenUpdating = False
         Sheet2.UsedRange.Clear
    With Sheet1.[A1].CurrentRegion
        .Offset(1).AutoFilter 2, Filter(Application.Transpose(Sheet3.UsedRange), ""), xlFilterValues
        .Copy Sheet2.[A1]
        .AutoFilter
    End With
         Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub
  • As here the effcient way is the advanced filter, the one to follow :
Code:
Private Sub Demo01()
    Sheet1.[A1].CurrentRegion.Offset(1).AdvancedFilter xlFilterCopy, Sheet3.UsedRange, Sheet2.[A2:J2]
End Sub

-- ★ --
According to Tom22 initial attachment, once as I wrote​
« in the 'Raw file' tab the cell P3 must have the same content as the header D2 » :​
Code:
Sub Demo1()
    Sheet1.[C1].CurrentRegion.Offset(1).AdvancedFilter xlFilterCopy, Sheet1.[P3].CurrentRegion, Sheet2.[C2:L2]
End Sub

Back