• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Filter, pivot table and source data

GN0001

Hello team,

-I filter a list (which is a pivot table), the column header is identity, I put a filter on identity header and filter on item 3626694. Item 3626694 is displayed in the filter result, when I select 3626694, only blank rows are displayed. Why is not item 3626694 displayed? I understand there might be no values in other cells, but when I filter on item 3626694, the item has to be shown in the result. It it was not there, then filter engine wouldn't show it among other values.

-When the item is shown in pivot table, it should be available in source data of pivot table; but, it is not there. I can't find item 3626694; isn't this strange? what I am missing.

-CTRL + find can't find it either.

Can somebody please explain this?

Thanks,
GN

[if i have understood it correctly] Have you tried double clicking the item, it should show you the relevant entry on a separate worksheet.

if i have understood it correctly] Have you tried double clicking the item.
------------------------------------------------------------
I start Filter, in search box, I unselect every entry and then I enter 3626694 and it shows 3626694 is the content one of the cells. when I select the item, filter on the 3626694, nothing will come up as the result of filter. I know if I click on the cell of the pivot table, it creates the source data for the cell. The filter doesn't bring back anything. so on what I am going to double click.
Thanks for the response,
GN

Hello team,
I found the solution. Pivot table filter sometimes retains old data in its filter, even if we have deleted the row. We need to go to Pivot Table option and go to data tab and put to none the drop down menu for "Number of items for retain per field".
Thanks for all,
GN

Back