• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Filter horizontally instead of vertically

g eng

Greetings:

I have an excel spreadsheet that has a list of attributes in column A. Columns B through F either have an x or are blank. Using the criteria in column A, I'd like to know if there is a way to filter so that only the columns with an "x" show.

In other words, I'm trying to figure out if there's a way to Filter data Columns wise i.e. Horizontally, the way that Auto Filter allows you to do for Rows i.e. Vertical data

thank you!

Attachments

• chandoo sample file.xls
    19 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
I don't think I'm following you correctly....

You said that you'd like to know if there is a way to 'filter' so that only columns with an X show..... well according to row 6: OP has an x in each column... so by that alone, would cause all columns to be displayed, no!? and even if that on row didnt have an X for all 5 columns, there is at least 1 row item that contains at least 1 x for all of the columns..... which would, again, cause all 5 cols to be displayed.

or are you simply asking (re-read your OP) for the rows with nothing marked, to now show?!

sorry for the confusion

Back