• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

fantasy football spreadsheet

mlamb

i'm sure a similar question has been asked on this forum in the past, so point me to the correct thread if it's already been answered.

i am making a spreadsheet for a fantasy football league. the first worksheet is used as a summary, pulling from the second worksheet which contains all of the data. the data is sorted in the following manner: column A lists the week (1-16), column B contains team name, column C contains opponent, and column D contains the name of the winner. the data itself is sorted by team, so it looks something like this (commas denote different columns):

1, Anderson, Smith, Anderson

2, Anderson, Bob, Bob

3, Anderson, Carter, Anderson

1, Bob, Roger, Bob

2, Bob, Anderson, Bob

3, Bob, Alex, Alex

on the summary tab, A2:A17 contain the numbers 1-16. there is a data validation list in A1 containing the names of all the teams. i am trying to have excel match the choice in cell A1 (team) with the corresponding week and return the opponent's name from the data tab.

sorry if this is a bit confusing. i would upload what i have, but i currently don't have full access to my computer.

Try this

=INDEX(Sheet2!$C:$C,MATCH(1,(Sheet1!$A$1=Sheet2!$B$1:$B$20)*(Sheet1!$A2=Sheet2!$A$1:$A$20),0))

This is an array formula, so commit with Ctrl-Shift-Enter

We discussed Fantasy Footbal in a post a while back:

http://chandoo.org/forums/topic/ranking-a-column-of-averages-from-1st-to-24th

That example may help you as well

Oh wait, nm, this is about excel. I thought you were asking for fantasy football advice.

Back