• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Extracting the values and order of cells values from a table

Anand_P

Hello!
Referring to the attached sheet, I wish to extract the values in column d (amount) in the exact sequence in which they appear in the table. My ultimate objective is to be able to determine the value of the Balance "Before" a particular entry. Taking 30th Sept as example, I wish to be given balance of 6025840 for reference 228 while it would be 6100840 for reference 200 - and so on. TIA for all the help!

Attachments

• Sample Sheet.xlsx
    11.6 KB · Views: 8
You know TIA also stands for "transient ischemic attack" or a mini stroke. ;-)

Something like this, given you have Office 365, can work?

Attachments

• Chandoo 46351_Filter table.xlsx
    13.2 KB · Views: 1
Thanks very much Grah (and avoiding TIA this time :) )! This solved my problem to a great extent. As a follow on, i am trying to find out the running balance specific to say client ABC. To do this, i plan to total all the amounts in column (Amount) upto 28th September for ABC. Now for 30th, i need to add find the balance before ref 228 and 200 (depending on user choice) - i.e. if the ref chosen is 228, the balance would be 437780 and if 200 then 487780 - all the while maintaining the order in which the reference numbers appear in the table.

Back