• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Extending tables with formulae (another topic)

cyrilz

Hello,

I'm found of the ability to automatically change a formula in a table and the way all cells below reflet the change. This is great.

Unfortunately, I have removed a formula in a column, which was reported correctly below, but now, everytime I add line by moving the tick the formula reappears in all the lines created.

This is annoying, though not really critical.

How can I get rid of that formula for ever ?

Regards

Cyril Z.

Cyrilz

The whole idea of tables in Excel is that they are a consistent set of data in the same format

So Excel is trying to maintain the consistency wherever it can

It does allow you to delete individual cells within a table

But whilst there is 1 cell in a Column with a formula Excel will put that formula in any new rows inserted to maintain the consistency.

Thanks Hui for your answer.

Unfortunately, I've double checked and I removed all formulas in the table. So I have a column without any formalas in it.

When I extend the table, the formula reappears. Like if the table had kept it in memory (kind of homeopathic dilution :) )

The only solution I can imagine is to return to range and recreate the table elsewhere, but this is annoying.

Cyril

Also check that you don't have any Hidden Rows or Selection Criteria turned on as part of the table.

They may be hiding rows of Data with a formula in that Column

Back