• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Excel Table Error Message

Xlente

When expanding the rows of a Table created in Excel 2007, I consistently get this error message, "A formula in this worksheet contains one or more invalid references. Verify that your formulas contain a valid path, workbook, range name and cell reference." This happens consistently when I create and then try to expand the size of an Excel Table. I am able to click "ok" on the error and continue but it interrupts macros that automatically expand the size of my tables. If anyone has experienced this and understands how to correct it I would be grateful for your help. Thank You!

You may be pushing cells that are referenced in formulas "off" the worksheet. For instance, if I reference cell IV1, but then insert a column, my original "IV1" has been shoved off the spreadsheet and my formula complains.

Now, it may be that your macro is correcting this, but I would check and see if any of your formulas are referencing items near the edge of the sheet.

(Alternatively, if your table creation causes rows/columns to be deleted, this would cause issues)

Hi,

I have experienced the same problem. The problem is that in Table mode you cannot dictate if the entry is absolute or not, in most cases it would treat your refernce as absolute. To overcome this I select all the cells that I want to enter the formula in, edit in one cell and Control Enter.

Thank you for your responses, I really appreciate it. In my case, I'm not working with formulas or even entering new data. What I'm doing is hovering my curser in the bottom right corner of the bottom right cell in my table (where the little marker is that you can use to manually drag/expand your table). As soon as I hold down my left mouse button and drag/expand my table rows this error message pops up. It doesn't matter what type of data or formulas I have in my table, and it only happens when expanding rows, expanding columns works fine. Thank you again for the feedback you've already given.

Back