• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Excel Slow Calculation

rahulshewale1

Dear sir,

PFA Spreadsheet.

Excel is taking so much time for calculation

Please suggest.

Or

Help to write VBA code .

Regard
Rahul shewale

Attachments

• Sample Dataset for forum.xlsb
    868.8 KB · Views: 9
Hi ,

Are you talking about the recalculation time ?

What should we change in the worksheet to find out the recalculation time ?

Just pressing F9 does not show any problem , since the recalculation happens within a couple of seconds.

Narayan

@NARAYANK991 sir ,

Thank you for reply

I have uploaded few row of database but real database in around 25 thousand rows ,

It is taking too much time

How you please provide vba code for sumifs calculation

I will be great ful

Regard
Rahul shewale

Hi ,

I am not sure that using VBA will change anything.

From what I can see, your SUMIFS formulae are in only 4 columns , U , V , Y and AA.

In column Y , I don't see why the SUMIFS calculation should happen if there is no data in the column X.

Similarly , in column AA , I don't see why the SUMIFS calculation should happen if there is no data in the column Z.

These two column formulae can therefore be rewritten as :

Column Y : =IF(X5 = "", 0, SUMIFS($X$5:$X$6880,$N$5:$N$6880,N5,$D$5:$D$6880,D5,$B$5:$B$6880,1))

Column AA : =IF(Z5 = "", 0, SUMIFS($Z$5:$Z$6880,$N$5:$N$6880,N5,$D$5:$D$6880,D5,$B$5:$B$6880,1))

In column U , instead of having an additional IF condition test , I tried using this formula :

=SUMIFS($T$5:$T$6880,$N$5:$N$6880,N5,$D$5:$D$6880,D5, $B$5:$B$6880,1)

From what I can see , most of the data relates to individual parties in Pune ; where there are groups involved , the data is very little compared to the overall data size , say 50 rows in 7000.

Going by this , can you not separate the data into 2 worksheets , one containing data only for individual parties in Pune , and the other for groups ?

This way each worksheet will have to deal with a lesser amount of data.

Narayan

Back