• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Excel sheet deleting the graph while opening the file.

JagatDangi

I prepared a graph in an excel worksheet and saved it. When I opened it, I got some message to repair the file and once I click the repair button the file gets opened but the graph is not there. I again prepared the graph and saved the file but again while opening the file the graph is not there. However, the data is very much there. Kindly help to resolve this problem.

JagatDangi
Did file give any 'hints' while You saved and closed that file?
Have You tested to save it to other format too?
Have You tested to do same graph to NEW workbook?

Last edited:
When I open the file the following message appears on the screen:
"We found a problem with some contents in <File Name>. Do you want us to try to recover as much as we can? If you trust the source of this workbook, click yes".
If I click "No" the workbook will not open and if I click "Yes" the message on screen says: "Excel was able to open the file by repairing or removing the unreadable content" and below message appears is in the small window:
"Repaired Records: Drawing from /xl/drawings/drawing6.xml part (Drawing shape)"
And the chart is disappeared from the sheet.

I tried to make the chart in other sheet of the same file, it is perfectly alright. It is there when I open the file. I saved the file in different names also but the same sheet is always has the issue with any of the graph.

I did not save it in another format. Let me try that too.

JagatDangi
1st question was: Did file give any 'hints' while You saved and closed that file?
>>
3rd question was:
Have You tested to do same graph to NEW workbook?
You won't use Your old workbook with this file!
>>
Can You test to work with OTHER PC?

Last edited:
1. No there is no hint while saving and closing the file.
2. Yes, I tested to do the same graph to new workbook and its working fine. No problem.
3. I opened this file in another PC but the problems remains.

Thanks! But the question is what is the issue and if I am required to put the graph in that sheet, how to do it?

JagatDangi
As You should already noticed ...
There seems to be 'something' which do not work with that file (workbook)...
You've written that with NEW workbook, You can do the graph - save - open - without any challenges.
If need to do it with 'something-wrong-file' ... it would need to do my term ... 'clear saving' ... I haven't find out how to do that!
( My term 'clear saving' is not same as 'save'.. 'saveas' ... 'save to other format' )
Sometimes it would help to open and save that file with other PC ... other version of Excel ... sometimes no help!
I've had something same cases ... those are tricky!
That's why ... it's wise to save files sometimes - close and open - to see that it works 'normally'.
(( This's like ... if You're running marathon (~42kms), it would be wise to check sometimes, that You're in correct road ))

Back