• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Excel issue with / key

chaosincarnate

Morning everyone....or Afternoon/evening

So my excel started acting funny this morning. Every time I press the "/" key while in a cell, I get numbers showing up where the save, quick save, print, etc area is and letters where file, home, insert tabs are. I can not use the "/" key in the cell but I can type it in the formula area.

How do I turn off the "ALT Function" function reminder (I have no idea if that's what is call but that's what I cam calling it)?

I have attached a screen shot to show you what I see.

Attachments

• EXCEL Issue.docx
    84.5 KB · Views: 4
That is the standard shortcut for Lotus compatibility. Don't type "/" from the numerical keypad or change this setting (make the cell empty).

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

I looked at the Lotus compatibility (as you highlighted) and mine looks the same as yours. I don't know if I hit 2 keys at once, like alt and the windows key, as I pressed the /? key or if an update might have messed up something. I have tried multiple combinations and so far no luck. Everything else seems to function fine.

I tried googling it but

Had to have tech support fix it. There was a system update that caused all Microsoft products to have "glitches" as they called it.

Back