• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Excel found unreadable content in filename.xls. Do you want to recover the contents of this workbook

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excel found unreadable content in filename.xls. Do you want to recover the contents of this workbook?

The error keep happen even when I create a new application from scratch. I read something that said turn the excel file into a zip file and you should see where the problem is in the *.xlm files. Can any one help me because this is bugging me.

Attachments

• Doc2.pdf
    361.9 KB · Views: 5
This normally happens when a file becomes corrupt.
Most files become corrupt during errors or issues whilst a file is being saved

If this is also happening on new files as you create them I'd suggest that Excel is corrupt not the files

Goto the Windows Start menu
Control panel
Programs and Features
Find and Select Microsoft office
Change
Repair

Once complete restart your computer and try making a new file again

To fix the error message, follow below steps:

1. Open the file in Excel
  2. Go to File: Save
  3. Change the Save As type to Web Page (.html), save and close the file
  4. Open the .html file in Excel
  5. Save the file as a .xls (with a new name so the original isn't lost)
Now you will not have any problem, but even then also you face same issue then try Ms Excel repair.

To fix the error message, follow below steps:

1. Open the file in Excel
  2. Go to File: Save
  3. Change the Save As type to Web Page (.html), save and close the file
  4. Open the .html file in Excel
  5. Save the file as a .xls (with a new name so the original isn't lost)
Now you will not have any problem, but even then also you face same issue then try Ms Excel repair.
I tried and error resolved. Now it didn't ask" found unreadable .." .Pls try
whosoever finds this problem as its faced by many.Thanks

While opening the xlxs file, if you are getting an error in excel as unreadable content, you can fix this by following the steps mentioned below:

1. Install the Visual Basic component in Office 2010.

2. Go to Control Panel

3. Then select Programs

4. Select Microsoft Office 2010 and click on Change

5. Choose Add or Remove Programs

6. At the bottom of the list click on the plus next to Office Shared Features

7. Select Visual Basic for Applications

8. After that right-click on it and Run from My computer

9. Select Continue.

10. When it has finished, reboot the system.

In this way, you can now read the unreadable content in MS Excel. If you are facing problems in following the steps, then in such cases, you can read the unreadable content in excel file, with the help of MS Repair and Recovery. Using this software, you can easily fix this problem.

This unreadable content error may occur due to the different functions, macros, or formulas used in the file. The error message persists when these objects of the excel file give error then you need to repair the contents of the workbook. Because the file is corrupted.

Please go through the below-mentioned URL to repair the data in your corrupted Excel workbook:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/Lync/en-US/e5692c4a-924d-44a5-985b-7878f3eb26de/corrupted-excel-file-repair?forum=excel

Best Regards,
Loretta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back