• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Excel Find Function

guitarman

Hi there I have a query regarding the Excel find function when I ask it to find Number one(1) it finds it alright but in the process of finding it it also stops on 11,12,13,14 etc and it also does it on 2,3,4 so why does it do this it is probably the first time I have used it so is there something else I should be doing ?many thanks for your help.

Upload sample please. Along with expected output, without it, hard to give you specific help that applies to your situation.

I am unable to upload a file it because it contains Personnel information but all it is is an array with loads of different numbers referring to Golf handicaps and strokes played on each hole and it is the end of year figures for Ladies and Men I am sure you understand Thank you

Just replace/remove sensitive info.

But if you just want to use CTRL + F. 1 will match for 1, 11, 12 etc, since you haven't specified whole cell match.

When you go to find & replace tool, click on option button. Then check "Match entire cell contents", otherwise Excel will find all partial matches as well.

Just replace/remove sensitive info.

But if you just want to use CTRL + F. 1 will match for 1, 11, 12 etc, since you haven't specified whole cell match.

When you go to find & replace tool, click on option button. Then check "Match entire cell contents", otherwise Excel will find all partial matches as well.
Many Thanks to you Chihiro I have done as you said and I am getting just what I want simple really is it not but that is why you are the expert and I am not
once again many thanks for your time and patience have a good day and a brilliant life
Mike

Back