• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Excel File corrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dee

Dear Experts,
All my excle files have been corrupted and unable to open any of them.
I tried couple of free download for excel file recovery in google but non of them helped me.
Your file is severey damamged unable to recover is the message i am getting.
Please help me....as they are some critical files.
Dee

Here's a trick that saved my life a couple of times long time ago...but does not give a 100% success rate.

Open a new excel file and in cella A1 type
=[filename]sheetname!$A$1
if it works, copy down/across and you'll have your VALUES back. Mind that you're not going to get back formatting/formulas/comments and so on

Hi, Dee!

It's very improbable that all your Excel files get corrupted at the same time. I'd bet on issues with Excel installation, viruses or hardware problems, in this order. But in this last case you should experience the same things with other file types.

1st recommendation: do a redundant backup now, i.e., 2 copies in removable media
2nd one: copy a few files and test them in other computers and/or upload them here
3nd one: uninstall and reinstall Excel
4th: ran an online antivirus, then update your AV definitions
5th: same for malware detectors (i.e., Spy Bot Search & Destroy)
6th: general backup
7th: format disks and reinstall Windows and software

If in any step you find a solution then you're safe, with less or more work but safe. If still in the same conditions, well, I started saying it was very improbable, but not impossible.

Regards!

Last edited:
It’s very easy to repair and recover corrupt or damaged Excel file and get back the entire data safely and securely. It is simple only when you use any third party Excel Repair program. Such tool uses the advance algorithm and scan the corrupt excel file and recover the data easily.

All my excel files have been corrupted and unable to open any of them.
I tried couple of free download for excel file recovery in google but non of them helped me.
Your file is severely damaged unable to recover is the message i am getting.

Open your corrupted Excel spreadsheet files by using Open and Repair feature. This is a built-in repair feature in MS Office that can open a corrupted file. Other than Open and Repair, you can try many other manual tricks to fix corrupted Excel files. I would like to share a blog here (linked below):

How to repair corrupted Excel file?

Read this blog to know multiple manual tricks which can help you repair corrupted Excel files.

Hope this blog would be helpful for all those users who are looking for some manual tricks for repairing corrupted Excel file.

Regards.

Dear Experts,
Dee

Hey there!

It is very simple to recover excel file. Open MS Excel and select the corrupted file file in "Open and Repair" mode. It will scan and repair your file so that you would be able to access its data.

You can also pen the file in MS Word or OpenOffice Calc.

If you still have any doubt, you may refer to :- How to Repair a Corrupted Excel File?

Thanks!

In order to recover the data from the corrupt excel file you can follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Click File > Open.
  2. Click the location and folder that contains the corrupted workbook.
  3. In the Open dialog box, select the corrupted workbook.
  4. Click the arrow next to the Open button, and then click Open and Repair.
5. To recover as much of the workbook data as possible, pickRepair.

IfRepairisn’t able to recover your data, pickExtract Data to extract values and formulas from the workbook. In case you find the above-mentioned steps complicated then, in that case, you can recover data from corrupt excel file with the help of MS Excel File Repair Tool. Using this software, you can easily recover the data from corrupt excel file easily.

Hello,
It’s common to get a corrupt Excel file if we are dealing with any system. Their many queries regarding MS office, excel, ppt, etc. corruption. But, every time the reason of files corruption can be different.

But anyways, here is a solution for you. Excel Recovery Software that helps you to repair any types of corrupted Excel files in a quick possible time. As well as, these tools are easy to handle and use. Now the software supports corrupt excel files saved with both.XLS as well as.XLSX extensions, and recovers all maximum possible data from them.

Dear Experts,
Dee

If it is important data file, restore it from the latest backup, if you don't have any latest backup file or backup already corrupted then try few simple steps to recover MS Excel file manually

1. Open the Microsoft Office application --> Click the Open dialog box --> Select the damaged workbook

2. Click the Next button to the Open button --> Click "Open and Repair wizard".

3. To recover as much of the workbook data as possible, click Repair

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello, maybe you can try the following steps to recover your corrupt excel files:
  • Click File > Open.
  • Click the location and folder that contains the corrupted workbook.
  • In the Open dialog box, select the corrupted workbook.
  • Click the arrow next to the Open button, and then click Open and Repair.
  • To recover as much of the workbook data as possible, pick Repair
If it doesn't work, you can try recovery tool, I think Bitwar Data Recovery is good and easy to use, maybe you can just have a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back