• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Excel date code in Word

Alvin Shaul

I have a few weekly forms at work that are Word documents made up of tables. I'd like to use the Today() function in these tables and then Today()+1...+2, etc to automatically update the dates for a full week. I know how to do this in excel but I can't figure out any way to may it work in a word doc table. I know Word has different Date fields so if I just need to use a specific date field to accomplish the same task then that would work to but after hours of googling and failed attempts I'm about at my wits end. Please help!

Using Paste Special, it is possible to embed an Excel worksheet object within a Word document. Editing is then achieved by opening Excel from Word.
It is not something I have used though; my experience of calculation in Word has been limited to simple calculations of totals and taxes within a table.

Insert - date/time -> select date and flag update automatically would be the today() equivalent.
However from what I've just googled, doing date calculations in Word are not trivial at all. Best alternative seems VBA.

Back