• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

excel Data entry form

I would like to have the option to edit the standard data Entry form provided in excel, by adding 'Como box' selection, pull down lists, and even the Date picker. Is it possible to access and edit this standard 'excel' Data entry form?
Kindly let me know. Thanks

I made an Excel Userform example. Review it , I hope it will help you.

Attachments

• userform_updated_15_columns.xlsm
    350.4 KB · Views: 50
Wow !
Thanks very much for sharing your sample User form.
I will look into it with greta detail and then revert back to you if i have any queries
Thanks once again
Kind Regards

Ok Many Thanks
let me look at it in detail this weekend and I'll revert back to you and send you an example of my workbook
Kind regards

Hi There
In which format shall i send you and 'example of my workbook'.
Shall i send the excel file complete ?. The file size is around 2,2 MB.
there are 11 separate sheets within the work book. I am using the standard off the shelf Excel Data entry form to enter data into 3 of these sheets.
kindly let me know
thanks

General rule for an example
Make sure there is just enough data to demonstrate your need.
Include a BEFORE sheet and an AFTER sheet in the workbook if needed to show the process you're trying to complete or automate.
Make sure your desired results are shown, mock them up manually if necessary.
Remember to desensitize the data.
I need an example of the 3 sheets and where you want the comboboxes and what you want in the Comboboxes.

HI there
As agreed herewith please find attached the Excel 'Screen shots' ( same) of my Relational Database in Excel.
As you can see the 'standard Excel Data entry forms are good enough for me, although I would prefer to be able to click and select options in some of the boxes ( as a drop down list or combo box)
I thought the excel data entry form would allow me to edit this , but is not possible
I was trying to avoid having to design a whole form and VBA from scratch to tackle all the data entry
Any thoughts ???
Many Thanks in advance
Regards

Attachments

• memorial parks sample database excel-2.jpg
    memorial parks sample database excel-2.jpg
    666.6 KB · Views: 17
Hi !​
  • For a database better is to use any database software (Access, whatever)

• For an Excel table, lazy must see the VBA ShowDataForm method.
    When this method is not appropriate then you must use a specific sheet or design entirely your own form …

• For further help, read again post #10 - but well this time ! - and do the necessary as expected …

Back