• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Excel changing format of time automatically

Marty the Hat

I have a CSV file that has a column containing time data in the format hh:mm:ss (24 hr clock), the file is then copied in to an excel sheet where excel automatically changes the format to include AM/PM at the end of it. I really need excel to not do this and respect my previous format preference - does anyone know how to over ride this tedious auto formatting change feature????

I have a CSV file that has a column containing time data in the format hh:mm:ss (24 hr clock), the file is then copied in to an excel sheet where excel automatically changes the format to include AM/PM at the end of it. I really need excel to not do this and respect my previous format preference - does anyone know how to over ride this tedious auto formatting change feature????

please upload a sample so that I can help you to automate it using Power Query

Thanks for the replies, I'm trying to get an example put together but the version I'm using in real time has confidential information present on it so I have to be extra careful

Marty
I am not sure but I suspect the format change may be due to regional settings.
I think the AM/PM stuff is a US regional setting. The question then is 'Are you in the US'?

My computer (in the UK) is pretty determined that times should be in the form '14:30:00' if I don't select a number format
[$-en-US]hh:mm:ss AM/PM;@

Back