• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Error in code with If, And, Else

Code:
Private Sub Workbook_BeforeSave(ByVal SaveAsUI As Boolean, Cancel As Boolean)

'If there is a value greater than 0 in U for this row, and column n for this row
'is blank, then show an error message that a project number must be entered or no
'reimbursement will be given.

If Worksheets("Travel Expense Voucher").Range("N15:N45")= "", And
      If Worksheets("Travel Expense Voucher").Range("U15:U45") > 0 Then
      MsgBox "Project Number must be provided for all lines where reimbursement is being requested" & vbCrLf & _
        Cancel = True
   End If
End Sub

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi ,

Try this , and if it does not work , upload your complete workbook with the data and code in it.

Code:
Dim thisrow As Long

'       If there is a value greater than 0 in U for this row, and column n for this row
'       is blank, then show an error message that a project number must be entered or no
'       reimbursement will be given.

thisrow = 37 ' this is a dummy statement ; the variable thisrow should get its value from some other procedure
'                      remove this statement when incorporating this code into your file

If (Worksheets("Travel Expense Voucher").Cells(thisrow, 14) = "") And (Worksheets("Travel Expense Voucher").Cells(thisrow, 21) > 0) Then
           MsgBox "Project Number must be provided for all lines where reimbursement is being requested" & vbCrLf
           Cancel = True
        End If
End Sub

Narayan

Okay, so then I have the following code and it works well, however, I want this code to run whenever the user selects 'save' or 'save as'. Can you tell me how I make that happen?

Code:
Private Sub ProjNumbrReq()

Static alreadyPrompted As Boolean

Dim myCell As Range

With Worksheets("Travel Expense Voucher")
        For Each myCell In .Range("U15:U45")
            If myCell.Value > 0 And .Cells(myCell.row, "N") = "" Then

MsgBox "Project Number must be provided on each line where reimbursement is being claimed.", vbCritical, "Important:"
                Exit Sub
       End If
      Next myCell
    End With
End Sub

Hi ,

See if this works.

Code:

'       If there is a value greater than 0 in U for this row, and column n for this row
'       is blank, then show an error message that a project number must be entered or no
'       reimbursement will be given.

With Worksheets("Travel Expense Voucher")
             For Each myCell In .Range("U15:U45")
                 If myCell.Value > 0 And .Cells(myCell.Row, "N") = "" Then
                    MsgBox "Project Number must be provided on each line where reimbursement is being claimed.", vbCritical, "Important:"
                    Cancel = True
                    Exit Sub
                 End If
             Next myCell
        End With
End Sub

Narayan

This is my coding in ThisWorkbook and I am getting an AmbiguousName error on Workbook_BeforeSave

Code:

'When a row begins with X in Travel Expense Codes worksheet, hide the row

Const beginRow As Long = 3
Const endRow As Long = 38
Const chkCol As Long = 14

Dim rowCnt As Long
Dim ws As Worksheet

Set ws = ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("Travel Expense Codes")

For rowCnt = endRow To beginRow Step -1
With ws.Cells(rowCnt, chkCol)
.EntireRow.Hidden = (.Value = "X")
End With

Next rowCnt

End Sub

Option Explicit
ProjNumbrReq
End Sub

Hi ,

Can you please upload your complete workbook with all of the code in it ?

This version of the Workbook_BeforeSave is different from the version you posted earlier.

Which is the correct version which you want should run ?

Narayan

It still isn't working. :( I stopped with row 38 on the initial coding because that code hides rows on the separate worksheet 'Travel Expense Codes'. The new coding is for the 'Travel Expense Voucher'. :) Multiple worksheets in this workbook project.

When I closed my developer screen and selected 'save', none of the commands were completed. I wonder what I'm doing wrong?

It still isn't working.
When I closed my developer screen and selected 'save', none of the commands were completed. I wonder what I'm doing wrong?
Hi ,

When you clicked on the Close button , what actually happened ? Did the workbook just close ?

Did you restore the procedure name to BeforeSave , or has it remained BeforeSave1 ?

Narayan

Back