• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Entries in one template generating the second template

Ajit

Can any one help - I have two sheets with different templates.when i make entries in the cell in only one column in the first template/sheet, the second sheet with the template should get copied.(each cell entries in only one coloumn should generate a new sheet with the second template each time) - Is it possible.

Ajit

Ajit

Definitely possible

2 Questions though

If for example you enter a value Red

Do you want a new sheet made in the second workbook called Red ?

If the second Book already has a Red sheet, what should happen ?

Hi Hui,

see i have a work book ,initially having two sheets.Each sheet have one template each.I want to make numerical entries in the cells in one of the columns in the sheet template-1. Each such entry should generate a new sheet template-2, which gets added to the work book .Is it possible.

Ajit

HI,

See I'll explain again, My Ist sheet contain the template as

SLNO |MATERIAL DESCRIPTION |DRG NO | UNIT | QTY

And my 2nd sheet contain the template as

DRAWING NO:

MATERIAL DESCRIPTION

SLNO| OPERATION |SUB CONTRACTOR | UNIT | QTY | START DATE | FINISH DATE

I'm wishing that when i make entry in the DRG NO column of 1st sheet/template,each such entry in each cell should generate/copy my 2nd sheet/template and the corresponding field in the 2 sheet/template i.e the drawing NO should also get updated.

I hope i'm clear now.

Are you looking for this?

i.e: for DRG NO column of 1st sheet in cell B4, and for 2nd sheet it is on C4. Now you want to copy the value from 1st to 2nd sheet in concern cell (B4 to C4).

The moment i make entry in the drg no column of 1 st sheet, a new second sheet(with the second template) should get copied/generated to the work book.

i'll explain again, i have two sheets 1 & 2 (with seperate templates). Now when i enter 'red' in one of the columns of sheet 1, then the sheet 2 with 'green' should get copied to the work book.

Back