• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Enabling Powerpivot in Excel 2013...

dan_l

Can somebody peek in excel 2013 and tell me what directory the power pivot and excel addin are supposed to be in? I'm told that they come 'out of the box' available, but I can't seem to locate them anywhere.

It might be because I used the lame web install to do this.....

Good day dan_I

The POWERPIVOT has its own tab on the ribbon and so does the ADD-INNS. If you can not see them you may have to go to options and customise the ribbon

ehhhhh......

So I installed office 2013. I go to options>addins>com addins: I don't see powerpivot or powerview listed. So I need to know what directory they should be in.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel-help/start-powerpivot-in-excel-2013-add-in-HA102837097.aspx

Yes. There is no such registry entry because I haven't been able to enable the addin yet----because I can't find it to enable it.

Can you tell me either the path or the file name?

dan_l

Coming up against a brick wall here, all that I have spoken to (those with 2013) say it installed correctly with powerpivot and add-inns tabs on the ribbon, No one knows of a specific directory for its installation files.

The one suggestion that two colleagues came up with was to uninstall and do a clean full installation. I know its not much help but as it is such a new release every one is still on a learning curve :(

Yeah. It's jacked up. I put it over a clean win7 install in a vbox. No powerpivot to be seen.

Good day dan_I and JonathanAshby

Still no magic solution....but what may help to kick start your Excel 2013 in to behaving properly is to down load at this link install and see it you can the go to Options/Add-inns/COM Add_inns and then select PowerPivot 2013.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=7609

I just got a refund for Office 365 Home Premium. PowerPivot is only included in Microsoft Office Professional Plus...What a shame.

JonathanAshby and dan_I

My apologies I thought we were talking about Microsoft Office Professional Plus having the problem, I should of asked at the beginning of this thread. You have more faith in cloud storage than me, and you will not be able to download the add-in as it will not load in to a piece temp software.

Back