• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Embed: Let people type into cells (their changes will not be saved)

xLito

Hello,

I embedded my Excel on the website but I'd like to allow people to save their changes. Is possible to do it?

How did you embed an Excel file on the web site?

If you have the Excel file on the server then simply provide a <a> link to it, when the user clicks on it they will download it to local copy.

To allow the user to make changes to an Excel file by accessing through a web site you need server-side support for shared content editing, like SharePoint.

Hello,

thank you so much for your help.

I have my file on OneDrive, I’m using the free plan, I simply clicked on “</> Embed” -> “Customize how this embedded workbook will appear to others”, I thought it was possible to allow the user to make changes on it through my WordPress website, but since what I understood I need a Microsoft’s paid plan to do that. Is SharePoint the easiest way?

Thanks again :)

I am not familiar with coding for WordPress, but you can share a file on OneDrive. You should be able to set permissions on a OneDrive file to allow external users to update the file but I don't know how you make it available on a WordPress page. I do the same thing with Dropbox and just post a link.

I would like to allow the user to edit and save changes on the Excel file from my WordPress website, so unfortunately I guess a link doesn't work for me. I'd need the right embed code from OneDrive.
Thank you :)

Oh, you actually want to display the worksheet on a web page and have users edit it right there? To do that you either need to make sure your user have web-based Excel or you basically need to write your own version of Excel. There is no easy way to do this.

Back