• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Embed form controls in chart

vandam

I made a simple dynamic graph, essentially presenting time (x-axis) against total value of shares (y-axis), where the price of a share can dynamically be set using a form control scroll bar. It all works great .

The scroll bar I placed in the area of the chart, and (even) grouped the bar to the chart.

The chart is an object in the spread sheet. When I use Design/Location/Move Chart and place the chart in a new sheet, the form control (as well as pictures inserted with the camera tool) disappeared.

My question is, how can I use Move Chart while retaining all other (non-chart) graphical elements in the chart?

Hi ,

When you group the chart and the scroll bar , it is a named grouping , and unless you refer to the group , you will be accessing the individual elements within the group.

So when you select the chart and use the Move Chart action , only the chart will be moved ; only if you select the Group , and cut and paste the group as a whole , will both the chart and the scroll bar be moved and pasted in a new location.

Narayan

Back