• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Dynamic drop down list

yaswanth92

Hi everyone,

I hope everyone is keeping safe from COVID. Please find attached the excel file wherein I need your help in creating drop-down list from a set of data in a conventional method.

PS:
1. Since my client is not having Office 365 or recent versions of Excel, so can't use dynamic array functions
2. No macros please.

Attachments

yaswanth92

Hi @herofox, thanks for your quick reply. This is not what I meant. I need a unique list in cell F1 - wherein it should list out all the industries (without duplication) and in cell G1 - it should list the dependent companies. For example, if "POWER" is selected in F1, G1 should list only the companies under Power industry. Thank you once again.

yaswanth92

Hi @herofox thank you once again. Drop-down for Industry works perfectly fine, but the companies list is not appropriate. Example, if 'CEMENT & CEMENT PRODUCTS' is selected under Industry, the list in the company shows ACC and Adani transmission rather than ACC and Ambuja cements.

yaswanth92

As you can see here https://contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html formatting lists as tables makes them dynamic automatically
This feature was introduced in XL2007
Thank you @pecoflyer. I had a look into this. The data I am dealing with is very long (many industries and companies) and couldn't able to accommodate this type. That's why I was looking for another option to deal with it. Please let me know if you can suggest some other solution for dealing with large data.