• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Dynamic Charts

I have two columns of data, one that updates when the column next to it has data in it.
The second column has a number in it. When there is more data, both columns update automatically. I dont have to type anything in.

Can I dynamically chart this data? I tried with tables but it relies on you typing the first column in. Is there a way around with this?
I used to do this with a counta() function to reorganise the chart range on a name, but having problems getting this to work in excel 365.
Does any one have an example or something I can have a look at?

Cheers

Alex Chatwin

I have tried the following in named ranges:

-OFFSET('Summary'!$AT$5,0,0,COUNTA('Summary'!$AT$5:$AT$31))

It saves it as a named range, but when I come to reference its name as a range, it flags up an error.

There is an error in the formula you entered: Make sure you've included all of the required parentheses and arguments.
Verify any reference to anther sheet or workbook
if you aren't entering a formula, then avoid an equals to ['='] or minus sign ['-']

As you can see, I am not. I am starting to think I cant make dynamic charts in Excel 365.

If anyone knows how to do this, I would really appreciate knowing. I have done this lots in the past. Absolutely frustrated with this.

Cheers,

Hightlighted the excelworkbook. It has some macros. They are all ok. You can see the named ranges and I am trying to get this to be dynamic. Dont understand what I am doing wrong.

Attachments

• Trading Journal -Alex Chatwin_Chandoo.xlsm
    744.7 KB · Views: 7
In the attached, I've updated the formula for Cum_Results to:
=OFFSET(Summary!$AU$6,0,0,COUNT(Summary!$AU$6:$AU$31))
note it's COUNT not COUNTA, so it depends on there being numbers in the cells being counted.

I've also changed what's plotted on the chart on the Summary sheet to:
='Chandoo47624Trading Journal -Alex Chatwin_Chandoo.xlsm'!Cum_Results
The file name will change automatically if you save the file under a different name, and the sheet name will change automatically too if you choose to rename that sheet.

Attachments

• Chandoo47624Trading Journal -Alex Chatwin_Chandoo.xlsm
    748 KB · Views: 12
Back