• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Dynamic Chart with non continuous data

Shereen

Hi Exel Champions,
I am in a struggle at this....

I want my plotted chart to be dynamic (shrink and expand based on only the names that are added to my NEW EMPLOYEE sheet.

Issues with my plotted graph:

1. Currently: my graph plots the empty cell names and the COUNTA function is reading 7 columns. I want this graph to only show the names of the current employees SARAH, JIM, MARK, TIM.
I want my graph to plot only cells that have names extracted from the new employee sheet. I am thinking if the employee leaves the company I would go to the NEW EMPLOYEE sheet and just delete the employee name (such as in this case I deleted the employee name in sheet NEW EMPLOYEE cell B9. But the graph plotted the columns from the Skills-Matrix sheet.

1. I am planning on locking the cells once I complete this project, and give access to the user to add/ delete data in the NEW EMPLOYEE sheet, such as a manager that uses it can add new employee (typically will add it in the next available new row., and add/delete title, and add/delete Hire date, and select the appropriate Manager from the list drop down.

2. I am planning on also locking the SKILLS-MATRIX sheet and giving access to the user, in this case the manager to only made entries in the ACTUAL yellow highlighted filed. And if an employee leaves the company the values for those actuals must be deleted so that the graph doesn’t plot the old data.
I am not an advanced user of Excel, I have been working on this dynamic graph for almost a week and I still do not have it figured out!! I am going crazy, maybe my technique is not correct. But I am told I can only use EXCEL (not Access).

Help

Thanks

Shereen

Attachments

• plottingBlanks.xlsx
    129.6 KB · Views: 3
Back