1. Welcome to Chandoo.org Forums. Short message for you

Hi Guest,

Thanks for joining Chandoo.org forums. We are here to make you awesome in Excel. Before you post your first question, please read this short introduction guide. When posting or responding to questions please remember our values at Chandoo.org are: Humility, Passion, Fun, Awesomeness, Simplicity, Sharing Remember that we have people here for whom English is not there first language and we need to allow for this in our dealings.

Yours,
    Chandoo
  2. Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

3. When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Dynamic Chart Range - Date Bin (exclude empty start and trailing bins)

Discussion in 'Discuss Data Visualizations and Charting' started by njj, May 1, 2018.

1. njj

njj New Member

Hi
    I have a report (dynamic data set) that lists invoice details by whatever criteria.

I want a dynamic histogram chart to show number of invoices by month.

I have created a summary to count number of invoices per month (bin)

Depending on the report runtime criteria there can be a large number of empty bins.

My question is how do i create a dynamic range to only include bins that are non zero?

THanks

Attached Files:

2. NARAYANK991

NARAYANK991 Excel Ninja

Hi ,

There is really no need to do anything other than hide those rows which have 0 in the count column.

See the attached file.

Narayan

Attached Files:

3. p45cal

p45cal Well-Known Member

You can also dispense with the intermediate data table on the Chart_Summary sheet by using a pivot table based on the data in sheet Data_Report alone.
    The attached contains the default chart and pivot layout around cell O7 of the Chart_Summary sheet.

Attached Files: