• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

duplicate codes

Shahin Ghaffari

Hi

In column A I have some prices and in column B some codes. In column E I sorted the prices ascending by LARGE formula. When I use INDEX MATCH in column E to put the codes in front of prices, there are a lot of duplicate codes because the prices are similar. is there any way that similar prices have different codes?

Attachments

• question.xlsx
    9.3 KB · Views: 6
I can imagine, since full column references were used, whereas a restriction in number of rows might already help. What do you call high quantity of data?
I adapted the array formulae so it only kicks in when required. And turned the source data into a table.

Attachments

• Copy of question_ArraySort.xlsx
    13.2 KB · Views: 6
If your real life data is somehow close to the sample posted, for simply sorting the data, and given you don't want to sort the source data, and for speeding up things a simple pivot might do where you sort on the total column.
You can even make the pivot in another workbook and refer to the external source. If you'd refresh on open (feature of a pivot you can set), you're done.

Attachments

• Copy of question_ArraySort.xlsx
    16.9 KB · Views: 2
Back