• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Due date alarm

Thomas Kuriakose

Respected Sirs,

We have an Invoice tracker, where we need to have a check whether the Invoice date (column C) has crossed 130 days from the today and give alert or alarm in the same tab or in another tab and it should be in red color.

If the Invoice has been paid (column F) then the status should be paid and in green color.

Kindly suggest the best ways to get the alert/alarm and color.

Thank you very much,

with regards,
thomas

Attachments

• Due Date Alarm.xlsx
    11.2 KB · Views: 6
Sir, I have one doubt in that line
If the Invoice has been paid (column F) then the status should be paid and in green color.

The status (column E) will be given by whom user or the system?
I made something in which user has to give the status and system will just make column f green colored.
Please check the attached file, and tell me if it is helpful

Attachments

• Due Date Alarm.xlsx
    10.6 KB · Views: 5
Respected Sir,

Thank you for your support on this query.

The column (E) I manually input to check the number of payments as there are 15k rows of data. The paid conditional format is good.

But, we need the alert/alarm for the due invoices greater than 130 days in red color.

Does the alarm/alert require a vba or a formula solution will do if we need to move this to the Alert tab.

Thank you very much,

with regards,
thomas

Small improvement in the solution with conditional formatting.
Question: if line is red, this is the alert, why you need an "extra" alert? Seems a bit redundant.
Try to add new data below the table. CF should also auto-extend.

Attachments

• Copy of Due Date Alarm.xlsx
    12.7 KB · Views: 12
@GraH - Guido, your solution is okey and first I think that solution but there is one problem. If user has large data (contains 3000 rows) then user have to check all the rows for alerts and have to scroll carefully for it to avoid any mistake. I personally faced this type of mistakes earlier.

But there is no chance of this type of error in the solution using VBA.

Last edited:
@GraH - Guido, your solution is okey and first I think that solution but there is one problem. If user has large data (contains 3000 rows) then user have to check all the rows for alerts and have to scroll carefully for it to avoid any mistake. I personally faced this type of mistakes earlier.

But there is no chance of this type of error in the solution using VBA.
Fair, but what about filter (on colour) to generate a distinct list?

Sorry, my mistake, I forgot this point and you are very smart.
You are too kind and no need for a sorry... Also, one might inverse the logic. Why bother with CF and filter if VBA does all... A solution should be lean, simple and obviously working. You were clever to offer both possibilities.

Back