• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Download attachments using download button through VBA code

RSHA

Hi,
I'm trying to download files from website and save all downloaded files into a folder.
Here are the steps to what I'm trying to do:
1. Log in web site (i don't have rights to provide URL) and download attachments from the download button. (I have mentioned HTML code for this button below) and save the files associated to this download button to specified path with folder name as provided in Sheet1 of "A" column ( this names will change according to the ID's mentioned in the A column).

Note: every time the download list/items may vary.. For example: it may contain 2 or 4 or 15 or some time only 1 attachment, even some time there are not attachements.

I've been trying using vba code mentioned below, but I have run into a problem. Currently, my script below opens the webpage and enters the values of cell A1 of Sheet1...
I have also attached HTML code below for your reference.

VBA Code

Code:
Sub DownloadAttach()

Dim IE As Object, doc As Object, hTable As Object, hBody As Object, hTR As Object

Dim hTD As Object, tb As Object, bb As Object, tr As Object, td As Object

Dim L As Long

Dim timet1 As Double

Dim y As Long, z As Long, wb As Excel.Workbook, ws As Excel.Worksheet

Lr1 = ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Sheet1").Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row

For L = 2 To Lr1

Set IE = New InternetExplorer

IE.navigate "https://www.abc.com/sc/wo/Workorders/index?id=" & ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A" & L)

IE.Visible = True

Application.Wait Now + TimeValue("00:00:07")

Sheets("Sheet2").Select

Set doc = IE.document

Set hTable = doc.getElementsByClassName("row wo-download-attachments-link")

For Each tb In hTable
HTML Code goes here

HTML:
<div class="row wo-download-attachments-link">

<a class="btn btn-default" href="#" data-bind="click : downloadAttachments, visible: $root.attachmentsViewModel.attachments().length > 0">

<i class="fa fa-download js-app-action-el" aria-hidden="true"></i>

Download <strong data-bind="text:$root.attachmentsViewModel.attachments().length">17</strong> Attachments

</a>

</div>

Thanks in Advance.

Last edited:
Back