• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Divide equally the number

Akbarmahfuzalam

“I have 100 concept where each have their own number. I’ve been trying to figure out how I can divide these concepts into 50 even teammate – or as close as possible.” Any help with regards to VBA.

A B C
Concept Pages Name
Red 0
Green 6
Blue 45
Life 46
Camera 48
church 48
Alight 48
Alloy 49
allied health 51
amano 51
altezza 53
amala paul 53

Attachments

• DATASET.xlsb
    10.9 KB · Views: 5
I have sheet1 wherein, Column A and B is filled with data- In Column B i have numbers which is like 201,201,450,1001,2540,5456,...etc and it goes till 500 Rows.
Now i want at Column C to automatically assign the name of a person equally in number as Mr. A as 3000 Mr B 3000, Mr C 3000 and so on.

On sheet2 i have the dataset of Name at Column A.

Sheet1
upload_2018-5-17_7-33-48.png

Sheet2
upload_2018-5-17_7-34-50.png

Thanks a ton Ashhu,

I need the VBA code as the data will change everyday.
In sheet1 as well as in sheet2.
I need it dynamically as per user input .
What range i want to and for which name i want to distribute.
And what amount of number i want to equally distribute.
Say i want to distribute only 450-600 pages per person.

How to go about that.

Thanks,
Akbar Alam

Attachments

• DATASET(V1).xlsb
    19 KB · Views: 5
if range in sheet 2 changes, formula still works. All you need to change is range in Name manager. Else make sheet 2 names range as table, so it will automatically consider the range whenever you can add new name

But number is not equally distributed among the name. It is distributed among the name. If you refer my sheet pivot its marked as red as not equally divided.

i think i misunderstood the Page distribution in first place, apologies.
i may not be able to help with VB scripting, i think i have to pass this for other experts.

Back