• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Distribute Values Equally

malar11567

Please remember to follow all forum rules: Cross-posting
I want to distribute the values equally.i have attached a sheet which I have done manually without any formula. In column A I have mentioned Layer Names and in Column- F has mentioned Quantity to be distributed along with the cells. For Example for 1st layer of 32000 to 32100 in Row-3 Column-F, I have mentioned Distributed Quantity of 83.97 so this value has to come in column-M from 32010 to 32100 and so on

Attachments

• Book1.xlsx
    15.8 KB · Views: 8
Please elaborate on your logic. It isn't clear to me.

Ex: Why is Chainage 32000 always excluded? Although it's listed as From value. Same goes for 32100.
Should From range begin at 32001 rather than 32000?

There are also some issue with your A column. Some have leading space, some don't...

Also header row for M:Y range. Should conform to same format all across. I.E. #st/nd/rd/th Layer.

Assuming that From should start at value + 1. And To is inclusive. And you make changes to M:Y header values as above.

You can use something like...
=IFERROR(INDEX($F$3:$F$7,AGGREGATE(15,6,(ROW($A$3:$A$7)-2)/(($B$3:$B$7+1<$L3)*($C$3:$C$7>=$L3)*(TRIM($A$3:$A$7)=M$2),1)),"")

Copy across and down.

Attachments

• Book1 (16).xlsx
    18.4 KB · Views: 12
Back