• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Distribute Receipt# using FIFo Method.

Haider Ali

Dear fellow, Please help to distribute receipt# against invoice value based on the Advance amount. A sample file is attached for better understanding.

Attachments

• Receipt No. Distribution.xlsx
    13 KB · Views: 5
See formula in cell G6.
If you're using Excel 2013 (which I think you are), you need to select the whole range G6:G98 while committing the formula to the sheet using Ctrl+Shift+Enter rather than plain Enter.
Macros need to be enabled.
It sould be FIFO as long as the dates increase top to bottom.
What version of Excel are you using?

Attachments

• Chandoo48737Receipt No. Distribution.xlsm
    22.4 KB · Views: 8
See formula in cell G6.
If you're using Excel 2013 (which I think you are), you need to select the whole range G6:G98 while committing the formula to the sheet using Ctrl+Shift+Enter rather than plain Enter.
Excel Version 2013

See formula in cell G6.
Thank you Very Much, Sir. Work perfectly.

See formula in cell G6.
Dear Sir, If there is more than one customer and the receipt# distribution should be distributed on the basis of the customer name. means carry forward amount receipt no should be distributed against that one customer using FIFO.
If it is possible then please help. Thanks

Attachments

• Receipt List.xlsm
    18.1 KB · Views: 5
This would take too much time.
Suggest sorting your data by customer name then secondarily by date then putting separate formulae for each company.
See cells F6:F17 and F18:F36 in the attached.

Attachments

• Chandoo48737Receipt List.xlsm
    19.6 KB · Views: 2
This would take too much time.
Suggest sorting your data by customer name then secondarily by date then putting separate formulae for each company.
See cells F6:F17 and F18:F36 in the attached.
Sir, as you helped me for distributing Receipt No. Now Please help me for distributing the Date of that Receipt no. in the very next column. The file is attached to understand what help I needed. thanks

Attachments

• Receipt List - Copy.xlsm
    18.2 KB · Views: 3
Sir, as you helped me for distributing Receipt No. Now Please help me for distributing the Date of that Receipt no. in the very next column. The file is attached to understand what help I needed. thanks
Please find attached the file with UDF for populating the dates

@p45cal - I was just trying to understand the codes but the array codes are still far for me, still I was able to change the references to populate the dates as required by Haider
Thanks

Attachments

• Receipt List - Copy.xlsm
    19.9 KB · Views: 5
for distributing the Date of that Receipt no. in the very next column
See attached, same method of committing the formula to the sheet but apply the formula to 2 columns at once instead of one. Note that the range that the formula refers to has expanded to include 5 columns.

Attachments

• Chandoo48737Receipt List_02.xlsm
    19.9 KB · Views: 7
still I was able to change the references to populate the dates as required by Haider
That's absolutely fine!
Odd that you chose:
ReDim RecpDts(1 To UBound(AllVals), 3 To 3)
instead of:
ReDim RecpDts(1 To UBound(AllVals), 1 To 1)
but they're both 1 column arrays so that's fine!

Back