• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Display result dynamically & automatically based on dropdown

paradise

Dear All Forum Contributors,

Let me explain ,what I want to achieve.I have more than 5 parties here stated only sample parties there might be more than 100 parties.Each party has 3 sheets namely M1,I1 & O1.Now what I want is that,

1.All sheets should be hidden
2.There should be only two sheet unhidden.First sheet name should be Input Field based on dropdown/Data validation used of party and second would be output sheet where result are being displayed of party based on Input filed.
3.In order to display the result,I have for your kind info I have made the formula in subsequent sheet O5,O4,O3,O2,O1 sheets based on the input data of I5,I4,I3,I2,I1 and Master sheet M5,M4,M3,M2,M1 where everything is defined of respective party.

Like this if my parties are more than 100 is goes a long way in finding the sheet input data and output data with master sheet defined all the terms & condition.Hence I thought if there could be only two sheet where data is fed into 'input' sheet and based on the data result is being displayed in 'output' sheet with terms & condition defined in master sheet-M5,M4,M3,M2,M1 of each party and formula is defined in output sheet of each party in O5,O4,O3,O2,O1.

It means auto populating of formula & results of each party in output sheet based on party name in input data.
I have checked all the formulas,everything is correct.

I would be very much thankful if I am get helped.You can use any method as you desire.

I will be eagerly waiting for your reply.

With Best Rgds,
Suresh

Encl. Dummy file

Attachments

• Dummyfile.xlsx
    51.9 KB · Views: 10
Paradise

Please see attached

If you change the input cell Input!C2 it will trigger a macro HideSheets

You can show all sheets by running the macro ShowAllSheets

Attachments

• Dummyfile_Hui.xlsm
    64.5 KB · Views: 17
Dear Sir,

Inconvenience caused to you is extremely regretted.From next time onward this won't be repeated.
However, still I could not be able to get the desired result.As I change the name of party from the sheet 'List of parties' of B2 ,and simultaneously of sheet I1 & O1,the sheets are not displaying correctly.

This I think is a troublesome & tedious work.

What I exactly want is that I want to replace all those input sheets ( I5,I4,I3,I2,I1)by a single sheet say 'input' sheet means common sheet for all parties when data is to be fed /entered.Secondly,I want to replace all those Output sheets (O5,O4,O3,O2,O1. )by a single sheet say 'Output' sheet means common sheet for all parties where results is being displayed with the formula based on master sheet which I have prepared i.e M5,M4,M3,M2,M1 of respective party i.e each party has one master sheet where all the criteria is laid down.

Hence,if there are 400 parties,then there will be 400 master sheets.The other 2 sheet namely 'input' & 'output' will be common for all 400 parties.But the main problem is linking of master sheets of all the parties with 2 other sheet of 'input' sheet & 'output' sheet.As the input data of different parties are different as well as output data / results are also different.How to achieve same result of formula that are in (O5,O4,O3,O2,O1) based on drop down of selecting parties.

I would be very much eagerly waiting for your reply.

With Best Rgds,

Suresh

Suresh

I don't think you have explained the problem well

Can you post a sample file which has only one input sheet and one output sheet

Then explain what you are trying to achieve
where do you enter data
what is meant to happen when it is entered etc

Back